Vision 2020 document lays down the ITD’s vision as “To partner in the nation building process through progressive tax policy, efficient and effective administration and improved voluntary compliance”.
Operation Clean Money Mission
Create a tax compliant society through a fair, transparent and non intrusive tax administration where every Indian takes pride in paying taxes.
Operation Clean Money Strategy
- Increase awareness about tax obligations using a comprehensive Information, Education and Communication (IEC) approach
- Promote voluntary compliance by e-delivery of services and reducing taxpayer compliance costs
- Collect timely and accurate third party information from Reporting Entities
- Increase collaboration and data exchange with government agencies and data exchange partners
- Effective identification, assessment and management of risks by leveraging technology and data analytics
- Encourage timely and accurate reporting of income in returns and payment of taxes using customised communication and compliance monitoring
- Transform verification and investigation function of the Department by leveraging analytical and collaborative technologies
- Effective deterrence for habitual offenders to deter serious and repeated non-compliance
- Develop strong partnerships with the tax professionals, industry associations and service providers to create a sustainable compliance environment
- Evaluate feedback, events and results for continuous learning and improvement